Monday, July 21, 2008

Updates on my thesis: 07/21/08

Currently I am working as a volunteer at Jennie Clarke Residence in NYC . It is amazing to see how these shelters are working to make life easy for families living there.
After seeing the struggle these people were facing with employment search for the residents I thought it would be great to conduct some workshops teaching them how to use Microsoft word that would help them in building resume.
I also wanted to create a place where they could go and have links to employment options. Considering the fact that most of them are not so Internet savvy I thought of building a simple weblog on word press and pass on the common user name and password to all the users. This would serve as a resource for all the career opportunities that they can look into.

Link to the weblog that I created is:
http://jennieclarke.wordpress.com/

Feel free to put in some other sites and links of companies you feel require people with minimum technical skills but are willing to put in their best to learn new things.
That will really help.

Meha

No comments: